"Spring Training" for the Student Entrepreneur
When students decide to attend Maricopa County Community College, they've taken a big step toward a brighter future. For a select group of dreamers and doers, that means turning their passion into a business. But to do so, they need the right education, environment, and resources to achieve that goal — and The Big Pitch is here to provide the support student entrepreneurs need.
The Big Pitch is sponsored by:
Interested in becoming a sponsor? We'd love to hear from you! Please fill out the form at the bottom of the page to express your interest.
How The Big Pitch Works:
- Students interested in participating in The Big Pitch must reach out to their campus representative to find out how they can get involved in their college's unique selection process (Date TBD)
- Each college in the Maricopa Community College School District selects one student entrepreneur or team to attend The Big Pitch Accelerator by February 28, 2018
- Semifinalists must submit their registration form and pitch deck explaining their business model by March 2, 2018
- During the week-long accelerator, students will learn essential business concepts and get one-on-one coaching to improve their business pitch
- On Friday, March 16, 2018, Students will pitch their business to a panel of community leaders and professionals for a chance to win the grand prize
- The winning business will continue to work with the Center for Entrepreneurial Innovation and our generous sponsors to develop their business with the goal of launching the following year!
As a semifinalist, you will learn:
- How to develop and improve your business model
- How to pitch your business to potential investors
- The importance of formulating a strong value proposition
- The basics of marketing and branding
- Financing, budgeting, and bootstrapping
- Storytelling for businesses
- How to research and register Intellectual property
PLUS, you'll get a chance at winning over $20,000 in business services and funding to start your business!
Are you a student entrepreneur who is up for the challenge?
You might be a great fit if you...
- Are enrolled in at least 3 credits at any of the Maricopa County Community Colleges during Spring 2018
- Dream of launching your own business in the near future
- Are ready to learn about valuable business concepts and pitch to win the grand prize
Then we encourage you to send an email to your campus representative (found below) to learn how you can get involved!
|Chandler-Gilbert||Lee Garza||Business Facultyfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Glendale||Kendra Swensen||Business & Information Tech Faculty||Kendra.email@example.com|
|GateWay||Annette Torrey||Business Accountingfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Paradise Valley||Dr. Caron Sada||Psychology Faculty||Caron.email@example.com|
|Scottsdale||Mark Barton||Business/CIS Departmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|South Mountain||Bruce McHenry||Business Faculty||Bruce.email@example.com|
Have more questions or want to get involved?
Fill out the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!